What are nasal strips?

Nasal strips are adhesive bandages that you put on the outside of your nose, from one side of the bridge to the other, just above your nostrils. Nasal strips help to widen your nasal passages in order to improve air flow and help you breathe better. These strips may be used by people to improve breathing problems caused by congestion from cold or allergies, a deviated septum and snoring. Nasal strips are sold over-the-counter under a variety of names, including BreatheRight, Brez and NasalAid Nasal Strips.

Continue Learning about Treatment Of Breathing Disorders

How should I care for my incision after thoracic surgery?
Francis X. Downey, MDFrancis X. Downey, MD
Follow these general incision care instructions at home to avoid complications and to allow for a sp...
How should I do coughing exercises after thoracic surgery?
Follow these instructions on how to do coughing exercises at home after thoracic surgery. 1. Take ...
How is video-assisted thoracic surgery used for a collapsed lung?
Lyall A. Gorenstein, MDLyall A. Gorenstein, MD
Video-assisted thoracic surgery affords better visualization of the entire lung surface in patie...
Exercise Tips for People With COPD and Asthma