Is there a cure for breathing disorders?

Whether or not there is a cure for a breathing disorder varies depending on the cause. Asthma, an airway disorder, cannot be cured. You can treat it using medicines and changes in your lifestyle. Damage to the lung caused by chronic obstructive pulmonary disease  is irreparable, so it cannot be cured. Lung cancer can be cured if it is found early enough, but in many cases, treatment simply stops the spread.

Continue Learning about Treatment Of Breathing Disorders

What are nasal strips?
Nasal strips are adhesive bandages that you put on the outside of your nose, from one side of the br...
How should I care for my incision after thoracic surgery?
Francis X. Downey, MDFrancis X. Downey, MD
Follow these general incision care instructions at home to avoid complications and to allow for a sp...
Who should not use nasal strips?
Nasal strips should not be used by children five years of age or younger. Also, if you have a latex ...
Exercise Tips for People With COPD and Asthma