What are cognitive deficits of a traumatic brain injury?

Jeanne Morrison, PhD
Family Medicine
Head injuries may be mild or severe. Some of the problems associated with  head injuries are cognitive deficits. Symptoms of cognitive deficits include:  loss of space and time, loss of identiy of self and others, shortened attention span, short term memory problems and judgement deficits.

Continue Learning about Traumatic Brain Injuries Complications

Why did a traumatic brain injury affect my entire body?
Pam HaysPam Hays
The core of your being is your brain.  What happens in our bodies that is NOT controlled by our brai...
What happens if traumatic brain injury affects the right side of the brain?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
If TBI damages the right side of the brain, you will have right hemisphere brain damage. The brain  ...
Why am I so clumsy after a traumatic brain injury?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
Because traumatic brain injury damages parts of the brain, TBI can impair the functions the brain re...
What are motor deficits of a traumatic brain injury?
Jeanne Morrison, PhDJeanne Morrison, PhD
Head injuries may be mild or severe.  Some of the problems associated with head injuries are motor d...