As a Sharecare Transformer, how do you handle stress to help lose weight?

Stress is a hard one! I am just very aware that stress releases the hormone cortisol and cortisol increases belly fat and since that is area I struggle with I try to alleviate as much stress and conflict as possible.

How do I do this? Through daily mediation. Every morning that I wake up I am grateful for being alive. I stretch and say that today is going to be a GREAT day (I set a tone by positive thinking) then if I have a conflict I try to stop and mediate and ask for guidance on what is the right thing for me to do. Also every night before I go to bed I do mediation and visualization!

However the BEST stress buster there is exercise. Exercise for me I a killer stress buster. I love punching a punching bag! Or doing HIIT intervals or running etc.! These are all ways to alleviate stress but working out and releasing those feel good endorphins!

This question is probably the toughest of all the questions that I've answered so far! I normally don't deal well with stress at all; in fact, stress is one of the triggers for my Crohn's disease so I struggle with this all the time. I've tried to use exercise as the way to clear my head, especially when things get really stressful. When I go out to run or ride my bike I take my phone but I don't put on headphones I just use the time to listen to my breathing and the sound of my feet hitting the pavement. It's oddly relaxing and definitely makes me feel so much better when I'm finished.

Historically when I would be stressed I would eat mindlessly, meaning I'd grab whatever was closest regardless of whether it was healthy or not. I know (now) that the days when I workout I am much more likely to make healthy food choices. It's almost like there is a switch in my brain that refuses to let me make bad choices because it knows how long it'll take to work that off!   

Continue Learning about Transformation Nation

For Transformation Nation, do I do all steps at once or in a certain order?
The steps for the program do not need to be completed in order. However, official verified weigh-i...
What is the Official Weigh-in for Dr. Oz's for Transformation Nation?
In partnership with Weight Watchers, the official weigh-ins for Dr. Oz’s Transformation Nation: Mil...
Lose It with Lamb: Week 2
Lose It with Lamb: Week 2
Lose It With Lamb: Week 6
Lose It With Lamb: Week 6