As a Sharecare Transformer, how do you stay motivated to live healthy?

I have done the yo-yo dieting in the past and I always felt worse every time I gained weight. My self-esteem was lacking, I was depressed, I didn’t like myself very much and I was a very negative person for a long time.

Losing this weight on MY TERMS, meaning through proper nutrition and exercise, not diet pills and fad diets and shortcuts, has allowed me to feel better than I ever have. I love shopping for clothes. I love working out. But most importantly, I love knowing that I inspire others to transform their lives too. Thanks to my transformation I was inspired to get my Health Coach certification, and I am about to be certified as a Fitness Nutrition Specialist and working on my Personal Training Certification. I can’t help others if I cant help myself you know? So I know that I am motivated to continue my healthy lifestyle so that I may continue to motivate and inspire others!

I have joined the healthy living through social media movement!  I've sought out other people who are on a weight loss journey for support. Seeing how active and getting new recipe ideas has helped encourage me to eat healthy and stay active. It's fun participating in the conversations that keep us all active and to celebrate both scale and non-scale victories with them. It's reassuring to know that other people are on this journey with me, whether they live next door or across the world and that you can have support whenever/wherever you need it.

There is not just ONE thing that keeps me motivated. I lost my father due to complications with his own battle with obesity March 2012. He was only 67 - it was something that could have been avoided. Sometimes, unfortunately, we need a tragedy to get our mind back in focus. His death is not what got me started, but it was his death that keeps me pushing. In addition, I have to be a role model for my kids; I want to be a role model for other family and friends.

Now that I'm moving along full force, it's my own personal health that is also pushing me. When I gained all my weight I also gained asthma, issues with my heart, blood pressure and cholesterol levels as well as fatigue and stress. Enough is enough. I've worked very hard since I made my commitment to better health on September 26, 2011. I feel amazing and it has become an addiction for me. I want more. I don't ever want to have to use an inhaler again, I don't want to go shopping for clothes and cry in the dressing room because nothing fits, I just plain don't want to be that girl I was the last few years. I think of my dad each and every day. I look at my family and know I have to be strong. I talk with my friends and know I want to be a positive support. Ultimately what motivates me? Life.  

Continue Learning about Transformation Nation

As a Sharecare Transformer, how do you boost your metabolism?
Mercedes Moebuis - Sharecare TransformerMercedes Moebuis - Sharecare Transformer
I boost my metabolism several different ways:By eating every 3 hours. I eat breakfast within one hou...
Who is eligible to win Transformation Nation's $1 million prize?
Prizes associated with Dr. Oz’s Transformation Nation: Million Dollar You contest are available only...
Lose It With Lamb: Week 10
Lose It With Lamb: Week 10
Lose It With Lamb: Week 9
Lose It With Lamb: Week 9