What increases my risk for toxoplasmosis?

Those most at risk for developing toxoplasmosis are those with weakened immune systems and women who are pregnant. If you have a weakened immune system due to HIV/AIDS, cancer treatment, or immunosuppressant drugs, your body may be too weak to fight the infection on its own. Women who are pregnant do not usually show signs of the infection but can pass it to their child with serious ramifications. You are also at risk around infected cats or if you do not take the proper precautions with raw meat and produce.

Continue Learning about Toxoplasmosis

Can I become immune to toxoplasmosis?
You can become immune to toxoplasmosis. When the parasite infects healthy individuals, your immune s...
How is toxoplasmosis related to the flu?
The symptoms of toxoplasmosis, an infection caused by a parasite, are similar to symptoms of the...
Should I talk to my doctor about my toxoplasmosis?
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms of toxoplasmosis, especially the more extreme signs and ...
What are the treatment options for toxoplasmosis?
If you are infected by toxoplasmosis but are otherwise in a good condition, you do not require treat...