What increases my risk for toxoplasmosis?

Those most at risk for developing toxoplasmosis are those with weakened immune systems and women who are pregnant. If you have a weakened immune system due to HIV/AIDS, cancer treatment, or immunosuppressant drugs, your body may be too weak to fight the infection on its own. Women who are pregnant do not usually show signs of the infection but can pass it to their child with serious ramifications. You are also at risk around infected cats or if you do not take the proper precautions with raw meat and produce.

Continue Learning about Toxoplasmosis

What do I need to know about caring for someone with toxoplasmosis?
If you are caring for someone with toxoplasmosis, watch for any symptoms that seem worse than no...
How does Toxoplasma affect the eyes?
Dr. Michael X. RepkaDr. Michael X. Repka
If you have Toxoplasmosis in one eye and you wear contact lenses, there is a small risk of damage to...
What is toxoplasmosis?
If you're pregnant, put your partner in charge of taking out the kitty litter. The litter of some ca...
What are the side effects of toxoplasmosis medications?
The medications pyrimethamine and sulfadiazine help to suppress folic acid and thus you can suffer f...