Is toxoplasmosis found only in the United States?

Toxoplasmosis is found all around the world wherever there are cats. According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention there are some populations where nearly 95 percent of the people are infected. In the United States over 60 million are infected with toxoplasmosis. An individual can develop toxoplasmosis by ingesting raw or rotten meat or by coming into contact with infected cat feces.

Continue Learning about Toxoplasmosis

How do medications treat toxoplasmosis?
Pyrimethamine and sulfadiazine help to fight against the parasite that causes toxoplasmosis. Unf...
How does toxoplasmosis affect pregnancy?
Pregnant women need to avoid Toxoplasmosis during pregnancy. Toxoplasmosis is a parasite found in th...
Should I talk to my doctor about my toxoplasmosis?
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms of toxoplasmosis, especially the more extreme signs and ...
How does toxoplasmosis affect the body?
Toxoplasma gondii, the parasite that causes toxoplasmosis, forms small cysts in your body when a...