Should I talk to my doctor about my toxoplasmosis?

If you are experiencing any of the symptoms of toxoplasmosis, especially the more extreme signs and symptoms, you should speak to your doctor. It is imperative that you speak to your doctor if you experience symptoms and are pregnant, plan on becoming pregnant, have recently given birth, or suffer from a weakened immune system. Your doctor may refer you to a specialist if he believes you have toxoplasmosis and are at risk. As with any appointment be sure to discuss with your doctor the causes, symptoms, complications, and treatments associated with toxoplasmosis.

Continue Learning about Toxoplasmosis

How do medications treat toxoplasmosis?
Pyrimethamine and sulfadiazine help to fight against the parasite that causes toxoplasmosis. Unf...
Is toxoplasmosis serious?
Toxoplasmosis is not usually serious but can present some dangerous complications if it is not k...
Does toxoplasmosis affect children differently than adults?
In a healthy child toxoplasmosis usually causes minor symptoms, such as swollen glands, or no symp...
What is toxoplasmosis?
If you're pregnant, put your partner in charge of taking out the kitty litter. The litter of some ca...