How do I manage my toxoplasmosis on a daily basis?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

You can manage and prevent toxoplasmosis on a daily basis in several ways.

• Make frequent visits to the veterinarian with your cat to ensure that it does not have the toxoplasmosis parasite.
  • Sanitize your hands after cleaning the litter box.
  • If you suffer from a weakened immune system or are pregnant, try to avoid all contact with cats.
  • Cook meat thoroughly and wash your hands after touching uncooked meat.
  • Wash all produce as well as dishware and food preparation spaces.
  • If you have been prescribed any medication for your toxoplasmosis, follow the directions as indicated by your doctor.

Continue Learning about Toxoplasmosis

What causes toxoplasmosis?
An infection with the parasite Toxoplasma gondii causes toxoplasma. This infection can be passed by ...
Is toxoplasmosis contagious?
Toxoplasmosis is not contagious because it cannot spread from one person to another. This can on...
What are the treatment options for toxoplasmosis?
If you are infected by toxoplasmosis but are otherwise in a good condition, you do not require treat...
What is toxoplasmosis?
If you're pregnant, put your partner in charge of taking out the kitty litter. The litter of some ca...