How can I avoid toxoplasmosis infection during pregnancy?

Toxoplasmosis is an infection caused by a parasite in cat feces and raw meat. If you have cats, assign someone else the duty of cleaning the litter box and wear gloves if you garden in places where cats may frequent. Be sure to wash your hands and all surfaces thoroughly after working with raw meat, and avoid eating raw meats.

Continue Learning about Toxoplasmosis

What increases my risk for toxoplasmosis?
Those most at risk for developing toxoplasmosis are those with weakened immune systems and women who...
Should I talk to my doctor about my toxoplasmosis?
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms of toxoplasmosis, especially the more extreme signs and ...
Does toxoplasmosis affect children differently than adults?
In a healthy child toxoplasmosis usually causes minor symptoms, such as swollen glands, or no symp...
How is toxoplasma gondii related to toxoplasmosis?
Toxoplasma gondii is the parasite that causes the infection of toxoplasmosis. After being consumed b...