How do I take Prussian blue if I cannot swallow the capsule?

If you cannot swallow the Prussian blue capsules, you can open them up and empty the beads into a glass of warm water. Use about eight ounces of water and stir until the medicine is thoroughly mixed. Drink the mixture right away and get all of the medicine from the bottom of the glass. You may need to add a little more warm water to the glass to get all the medicine out. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist about other options if you cannot swallow the capsules.

Continue Learning about Toxicology-Antidote Agent

Are opioids a good choice to manage chronic pain?
People should avoid taking opioids for chronic pain. They are usually prescribed only for short-term...
Are activated charcoal supplements safe for pregnant or nursing women?
Activated charcoal supplements have not been found to cause problems in pregnancy or for nursing mot...
How effective are opioids?
While opioids have a long history of use for pain relief, there are no high-quality studies that pro...
How the Opioid Crisis Affects the Next Generation
How the Opioid Crisis Affects the Next GenerationHow the Opioid Crisis Affects the Next GenerationHow the Opioid Crisis Affects the Next GenerationHow the Opioid Crisis Affects the Next Generation
In 2012, one infant was born with neonatal abstinence syndrome every 25 minutes. Neonatal abstinence syndrome (NAS), a series of health issues that ar...