Should I let my doctor know I am using oral glucose?

Because oral glucose can be purchased over the counter without a prescription, you should tell your doctor if you're using it. Your doctor, nurse, or diabetes educator can help you know how much oral glucose you safely need to treat an episode of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar). Talk to your doctor about other supplements and medications you are taking before adding oral glucose to your regimen.

Continue Learning about Toxicology-Antidote Agent

Are opioids a good choice to manage chronic pain?
People should avoid taking opioids for chronic pain. They are usually prescribed only for short-term...
Are activated charcoal supplements safe for pregnant or nursing women?
Activated charcoal supplements have not been found to cause problems in pregnancy or for nursing mot...
How effective are opioids?
While opioids have a long history of use for pain relief, there are no high-quality studies that pro...
How the Opioid Crisis Affects the Next Generation
How the Opioid Crisis Affects the Next GenerationHow the Opioid Crisis Affects the Next GenerationHow the Opioid Crisis Affects the Next GenerationHow the Opioid Crisis Affects the Next Generation
In 2012, one infant was born with neonatal abstinence syndrome every 25 minutes. Neonatal abstinence syndrome (NAS), a series of health issues that ar...