Can I take naloxone if I have other medical conditions?

Naloxone can cause a negative reaction in the body for people with certain medical conditions. In addition, it may be unsafe to get naloxone treatment if you have, or have had a history of, a brain tumor or head injury, seizures, a heart condition, or drug or alcohol addiction. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions about your health and naloxone treatment.

Continue Learning about Toxicology-Antidote Agent

Are opioids a good choice to manage chronic pain?
People should avoid taking opioids for chronic pain. They are usually prescribed only for short-term...
How effective are opioids?
While opioids have a long history of use for pain relief, there are no high-quality studies that pro...
Are activated charcoal supplements safe for pregnant or nursing women?
Activated charcoal supplements have not been found to cause problems in pregnancy or for nursing mot...
How the Opioid Crisis Affects the Next Generation
How the Opioid Crisis Affects the Next GenerationHow the Opioid Crisis Affects the Next GenerationHow the Opioid Crisis Affects the Next GenerationHow the Opioid Crisis Affects the Next Generation
In 2012, one infant was born with neonatal abstinence syndrome every 25 minutes. Neonatal abstinence syndrome (NAS), a series of health issues that ar...