What can I eat after a tooth extraction?

After the extraction, drink lots of liquids and eat soft, nutritious foods. Avoid hot liquids and alcoholic beverages. Do not use a straw. Begin eating solid foods the next day or as soon as you can chew comfortably. For the first few days, try to chew food on the side opposite the extraction site. When it feels comfortable, you could resume chewing on both sides of your mouth.

Continue Learning about Tooth Extraction

Why do I need tooth removal and extraction of my impacted tooth?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Wisdom teeth are a valuable asset to the mouth when they are healthy and properly positioned. When t...
How should I care for a tooth extraction at home?
After your tooth extraction, you can apply ice packs to your face to reduce swelling or try warm com...
Will I have to be put to sleep to have a surgical tooth extraction?
Larry K. Litman, DDSLarry K. Litman, DDS
Sedation is a wonderful way of getting dentistry done whether it's just an extraction or for routine...
What can I do at home to recover from a wisdom tooth extraction?
There are several things you can do at home to recover from a wisdom tooth extraction. Try takin...