What can I expect during recovery from a surgical tooth extraction?

Following a surgical tooth extraction, your jaw may be sore, stiff, and swollen. You may need to bite on a gauze for 20 or 30 minutes to allow the blood to clot. You may still have minor bleeding up to 24 hours after the procedure, but avoid touching the wound.

Continue Learning about Tooth Extraction

What are the ways that I can have a tooth extracted?
Tooth extractions can be performed by simple extraction or by surgery.
Will I be in a lot of pain after having a tooth extraction?
After a simple extraction, you may feel a lot of discomfort which should subside with over-the-...
Why do I need tooth removal and extraction of my impacted tooth?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Wisdom teeth are a valuable asset to the mouth when they are healthy and properly positioned. When t...
What should I do after tooth removal and extraction?
After tooth removal and extraction, you should be very careful about the wound in your mouth. Most a...