Will I be in a lot of pain after having a tooth extraction?

The level of pain can vary based on the number of teeth being extraction and the type of extraction. Remember, when having an extraction, today's modern procedures and follow up care (as recommended by your dentist) are there for your benefit and comfort. Ask your dentist about pain medication. 

After a simple extraction, you may feel a lot of discomfort which should subside with over-the-counter pain pills such as Motrin or Advil. If you have a surgical extraction, you may experience more pain, so your dentist or surgeon may give you a prescription for pain medication.

Continue Learning about Tooth Extraction