What other non-soda canned beverages lead to tooth erosion?

Any drink with added sugar, like juice or sports drinks can lead to tooth decay and erosion if teeth are not brushed. Plaque, a sticky film of bacteria, constantly forms on your teeth. When you eat or drink foods containing sugars, the bacteria in plaque produce acids that attack tooth enamel. The stickiness of the plaque keeps these acids in contact with your teeth and over time the enamel can break down. This is when cavities can form. Brushing twice a day is important to preventing plaque from building up and preventing cavities from forming. 

Soft drinks and sodas are not the only beverages that can cause tooth erosion. Studies show that beverages such as canned iced teas and sports drinks can lead to tooth erosion because they contain flavor additives that aggressively erode teeth. They also contain a lot of cavity-causing sugar.

Continue Learning about Tooth Enamel Erosion

How does tooth erosion happen?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Tooth erosion happens when acid eats through the outer surface of your tooth. This hard outer layer ...
How can I minimize damage to tooth enamel from bulimia?
Jerry P. Gordon, DMDJerry P. Gordon, DMD
The dental complications from bulimia are from the acid containing vomit during purging. The gastric...
Will I be able to repair my tooth erosion after recovering from bulimia?
After your bulimia has been resolved and you are no longer vomiting repeatedly, you can begin re...
How do sensitivity toothpastes remedy effects of tooth erosion?
Underneath both the enamel and the cementum is dentin. Dentin is less dense than enamel and cementum...