How can I help keep canned beverages from eroding my teeth?

To help keep the beverages you drink from eroding your teeth, try to consume them with a meal and avoid continuous sipping. Use a straw to minimize contact with all of your teeth, and rinse your mouth with water after drinking. As usual, use fluoride toothpaste and mouthwash to strengthen teeth.
Canned beverages, including sodas, sports drinks and even juices, contain sugars that coat your teeth and stick to them. This can lead to tooth decay and tooth erosion.

In order to prevent this, it is important to brush teeth twice a day for two minutes each with a fluoride tooth paste. This will prevent these sticky substances from staying on teeth to build up and cause oral health problems.

Continue Learning about Tooth Enamel Erosion

Can eating pickles and yogurt cause tooth erosion?
Pickles and yogurt are among the common foods that contain high amounts of acid. When you eat them, ...
Are children susceptible to tooth erosion?
Middle-schoolers and teenagers are very susceptible to tooth erosion because of the large amounts ...
How can my dentist treat tooth erosion from bulimia?
If bulimia is causing your teeth to erode, your dentist may apply fluoride varnishes and prescri...
Are vegetarians more susceptible to tooth erosion?
Some vegetarians are more at risk of tooth erosion because their diet can lack calcium, vitamin ...