What is the rate of incidence for Hunter's glossitis?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Specific rates of incidence for Hunter's glossitis are unknown. However, rates of incidence for anemia are rather high. While the percentage of those with pernicious anemia in particular is low, it tends to be the most disabling. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, pernicious anemia accounts for 48 percent of chronic illnesses that cause people to go to the doctor at least five times a year.

Continue Learning about Tooth & Mouth Disorders

Is ageusia life-threatening?
Ageusia is not life-threatening, but it can affect people physically and emotionally. People with ag...
What increases my risk for temporomandibular disorder (TMD)?
Your risk for temporomandibular disorder (TMD), a condition affecting your jaw bones, increases ...
What are the most common oral health problems?
The most common oral health problems are cavities and gum disease. Dental cavities We are all at...
What do cracks in the corners of my mouth indicate?
Cracks in the corners of the mouth may be caused by a condition called angular cheilitis. It's u...