How is dry mouth related to Hunter's glossitis?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Dry mouth is occasionally one of the symptoms of Hunter's glossitis. Dry mouth can also be a cause of common glossitis. Dry mouth is usually associated with common glossitis when it caused by an underlying condition like Sjogren syndrome.

Oral complications associated with reduced salivary flow include glossitis and other oral sores, infections and impaired chewing or swallowing. A reduction in saliva flow causes dry mouth. Without this saliva, the mouth does not get the cleansing effects saliva provides. 

Continue Learning about Tooth & Mouth Disorders

How are loose teeth treated in women?
If loose teeth are found by your dentist, they can be treated in a few ways: Treating gum diseas...
What causes ageusia?
Ageusia, the inability to taste, can be caused by a variety of factors. A dry mouth is the most comm...
How can I correct my ageusia?
To correct your ageusia, talk to your doctor. Often the inability to taste flavors is caused by a dr...
What are the treatment options for oral health problems?
Brushing, flossing, and regular visits to your dentist all go a long way toward preventing and treat...