How do medications treat ageusia?

If your ageusia is caused by an allergy or infection, a dry mouth is probably the reason for your condition. In this case, your doctor can prescribe medication to cure your allergy or infection, and your sense of taste will return. Sometimes ageusia is caused by aging or trauma. In these cases, medication will not help, but your doctor can teach you strategies to help you live with your condition.

Continue Learning about Tooth & Mouth Disorders

Does ageusia run in families?
Ageusia is not a genetic disorder, so it does not run in families. However, sometimes ageusia may co...
What are symptoms of a possible oral infection?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
The symptoms of an oral health infection depend on the type of oral health problem. Problems can ran...
How can I correct my ageusia?
To correct your ageusia, talk to your doctor. Often the inability to taste flavors is caused by a dr...
Can Gum Disease Affect Your Overall Health?