Are there alternative treatments for Hunter's glossitis?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Besides injection of B12 and supplemental folic acid, there are no alternative treatments for Hunter's glossitis. However, since Hunter's glossitis often results from pernicious anemia, there may be alternative treatments for the underlying condition. If your pernicious anemia results from malnutrition rather than an immune disorder, your doctor may recommend a few dietary changes. For example, he may recommend that you increase your consumption of meats so that you have the nutrition you need to absorb the B12 vitamin.

Continue Learning about Tooth & Mouth Disorders

How can I relieve the pain of mouth sores?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Mouth sores usually go away in 4 to 7 days. Here's what to do for pain until then: Gargle with c...
Can candy help my ageusia?
Surprisingly, candy may actually help your ageusia -- if it's the result of a dry mouth. Sucking on ...
How is gum graft surgery performed?
Gum graft surgery is performed by removing tissue from another part of the mouth and sewing it in pl...
Can Gum Disease Affect Your Overall Health?