What do I need to know about caring for someone with ageusia?

When caring for someone with ageusia, remember the disorder affects that person physically and emotionally. The person you are caring for with ageuisa may be frustrated or depressed by not being able to taste food. Weight loss or gain may result. Encourage the person with ageusia to eat healthy, nutritious meals. Also, help prepare foods in new and interesting ways, using new spices and different colored foods. You could also encourage someone with ageusia to join a support group to help cope with ageusia.

Continue Learning about Tooth & Mouth Disorders

How can I relieve the pain of mouth sores?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Mouth sores usually go away in 4 to 7 days. Here's what to do for pain until then: Gargle with c...
How are oral health problems diagnosed?
Dr. Saul N. Miller, DDSDr. Saul N. Miller, DDS
Oral problems are diagnosed by clinical exam and evaluation, consideration of symptoms, testing incl...
Can temporomandibular disorder (TMD) be prevented?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Because the causes of temporomandibular disorders (TMD) can vary so much, it is hard to prevent TMD....
Can Gum Disease Affect Your Overall Health?