Will my tongue spasm go away?

Your tongue spasm may not go away. Tongue spasm can have a variety of causes. All tongue spasm cases are different, but sometimes the symptoms of this condition can disappear. Talk to your doctor about a prognosis for your tongue spasm.

Because a tongue spasm can have many causes, it's hard to say if it will go away. Tongue spasms often gets better or goes away for short or even long periods, but for most people, it never really disappears for good.

Continue Learning about Tongue Spasm

How can I prepare to discuss my tongue spasms with my doctor?
To prepare for your appointment, make a list of important questions to ask your doctor. You might wa...
Do tongue spasms affect children as well as adults?
Tongue spasms are a form of dystonia, a condition that can affect people of all ages. Aging can ...
What is tongue spasm?
Tongue spasm is a condition that causes a person's tongue to move in short, jerky motions. Tongue sp...
Are tongue spasms serious?
Depending on the cause of your tongue spasm, the condition can be serious. In some cases, tongue spa...