Will my tongue spasm go away?

Because a tongue spasm can have many causes, it's hard to say if it will go away. Tongue spasms often gets better or goes away for short or even long periods, but for most people, it never really disappears for good.

Your tongue spasm may not go away. Tongue spasm can have a variety of causes. All tongue spasm cases are different, but sometimes the symptoms of this condition can disappear. Talk to your doctor about a prognosis for your tongue spasm.

Continue Learning about Tongue Spasm

Can tongue spasm be prevented?
Tongue spasms, or twitching of the tongue, is a symptom of a medical condition and can't be prev...
Do tongue spasms affect children as well as adults?
Tongue spasms are a form of dystonia, a condition that can affect people of all ages. Aging can ...
Are tongue spasms serious?
A tongue spasm is an example of a focal dystonia, which is an involuntary and sometimes painful ...
How can I prepare to discuss my tongue spasms with my doctor?
If you are experiencing tongue spasms that won't go away, it's a good idea to see a doctor. You ...