Tongue spasm can be caused by a variety of factors. This condition may be caused by excessive activity in the parts of the brain that control muscle movement. Disorders that can cause tongue spasm include stroke, cerebral palsy, and multiple sclerosis. Certain antipsychotic drugs can also cause tongue spasm.
- Q Can tongue spasm be prevented?
- Q What are some other conditions of which tongue spasm might be a symptom?
- Q Does tongue spasm run in families?
- Q Can tongue spasm be caused by other illnesses?
- Q What is the rate of incidence for tongue spasm?
- Q What is tongue spasm?