Tongue spasm can be caused by a variety of factors. This condition may be caused by excessive activity in the parts of the brain that control muscle movement. Disorders that can cause tongue spasm include stroke, cerebral palsy, and multiple sclerosis. Certain antipsychotic drugs can also cause tongue spasm.
- Q Are tongue spasms serious?
- Q Do tongue spasms affect children as well as adults?
- Q What increases my risk for tongue spasm?
- Q How can I prepare to discuss my tongue spasms with my doctor?
- Q What is the rate of incidence for tongue spasm?
- Q What are some other conditions of which tongue spasm might be a symptom?