How do I manage my tongue spasm on a daily basis?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Tongue spasm can have an impact on your life, but there are things you can do to help improve the condition. It is very important to find a doctor who you trust and who will take the time to help you find an effective treatment for your condition. Follow your doctor's advice regarding treatments. In addition, you may want to join a support group to find treatment options that work and get emotional support from people who understand your condition.

Tongue spasm is often a side effect of certain medications. You can manage your tongue spasm on a daily basis by avoiding medications than can aggravate the condition. Talk to your doctor about other drug options that may not trigger or worsen your tongue spasm.

You can also help manage your tongue spasm daily by trying to control your stress. Talk to a counselor to learn coping skills to manage the effects of your trembling tongue. Support groups are also available for people who have tongue spasm.

Continue Learning about Tongue Spasm

Do tongue spasms affect children as well as adults?
Tongue spasms are a form of dystonia, a condition that can affect people of all ages. Aging can ...
What is tongue spasm?
Tongue spasm is a condition that causes a person's tongue to move in short, jerky motions. Tongue sp...
Will my tongue spasm go away?
Your tongue spasm may not go away. Tongue spasm can have a variety of causes. All tongue spasm cases...
Can tongue spasm be prevented?
It is difficult to say if tongue spasm can be prevented because the causes are not clearly understoo...