Do tongue spasms affect children as well as adults?

Tongue spasms are a form of dystonia, a condition that can affect people of all ages. Aging can affect the way a person responds to medication. Over time dystonia may cause painful inflammation in the muscles that experience spasm, including those in the mouth.

Continue Learning about Tongue Spasm

Will my tongue spasm go away?
Your tongue spasm may not go away. Tongue spasm can have a variety of causes. All tongue spasm cases...
Can tongue spasm be prevented?
It is difficult to say if tongue spasm can be prevented because the causes are not clearly understoo...
How can I prepare to discuss my tongue spasms with my doctor?
To prepare for your appointment, make a list of important questions to ask your doctor. You might wa...
Are tongue spasms serious?
Depending on the cause of your tongue spasm, the condition can be serious. In some cases, tongue spa...