Healthy Tongue

What's the best way to clean my tongue of toxins?

• A answered

The best way to detoxify your tongue depends on the source of the toxins. Oral bacteria can produce toxins, so you should gently brush your tongue along with your teeth and gums to remove bacteria and the plaque they use to stick to your teeth. Flossing regularly, eating a low-sugar diet, and seeing your dentist regularly for in-office treatments can also reduce the number of harmful bacteria on and around your tongue.

Another source of toxins is tobacco, both the kind you smoke and the kind you chew. Quitting tobacco use will reduce the risk of damage to your tongue from cancer.

Helpful? 2 people found this helpful.
Why does my tongue have a white coating?