How do I know if my tongue is healthy?

RealAge
Administration
You'll know your tongue is healthy by how it looks and feels. A healthy tongue should be a warm pink color, feel soft, and move around easily. You can help keep your tongue healthy by drinking plenty of fluids to keep your mouth moist and wash away food particles and dead cells. Also, consider cleaning your tongue with a brush to remove excess bacteria buildup. Eat a balanced diet with lots of fruits and vegetables to maintain good tongue health. Talk to your dentist or doctor about any changes in color or sores that appear on or around your tongue.
The tongue has many functions and can provide a snapshot of overall health. In this video, Dr. Oz and Dr. Jonathan Levine discuss unhealthy tongue conditions.

Continue Learning about Healthy Tongue