Why is it more difficult to deal with a toddler than an infant?

Lisa Oz
Health Education

As an infant, your child is pretty much perfect. Babies burp, poop, or cry, and you act like they've just won a Nobel Prize. If they smile, it is heaven on earth. However, once they turn into toddlers, everything changes. This is because they start to develop into individuals with their own desires and aversions. They defy you, ignore you, and use no in every other sentence. When they start to assert their own little wills, then the real dance of parenthood begins.

Continue Learning about Toddlers Development

Toddlers and Tech: How Young Is Too Young?
The first years of a child’s life are crucial for development. It’s when they learn how to communicate and connect with other people and to interact w...
What are important cognitive milestones for my one year old?
It is important for a one year old to do the following: Explore objects in many different ways (s...
How can I help my toddler learn?
Experts agree that a huge amount of your child’s cognitive development occurs before the age of thre...
Help Your Toddler Graduate From Crib to Bed