What should I ask about medical tests?

If you have a medical test, protect yourself and your family by asking questions. Are the tests processed in the office or are they sent out to an off-site lab? How long will it take to get the results back? When can you expect a call? Can you get a copy of the test results to keep in your home medical file? If you don’t hear from the doctor in the specified time, call until you get the information you need. Don’t assume that “no news is good news.” Sometimes, test orders can be misplaced or delayed, so even if the doctor’s office says they will contact you with the results, take the initiative to find out.
Parkinson's Disease (300 Tips for Making Life Easier)

Being diagnosed with Parkinson's disease can be distressing, and adjusting to the effects of the disease can be difficult. The second edition of Parkinson's Disease: 300 Tips for Making Life Easier...

Continue Learning about Talking To Your Doctor

What to Tell Your Doctor When You're Sick
Here's a professional secret we want to share with you: We doctors depend on you as much as you depend on us to provide the best possible care. There'...
How could I wake up during surgery?
More women than men have woken up during surgery.Watch as Dr. Panchelli Dar discusses the reasons a ...
When should I call the doctor?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Call or go to the doctor or clinic for: A lump, anywhere on your body, that won't go awayLosing we...
Why Should I Share My Medical History With My Doctors?