What is one way to improve my relationship with my doctor?

Jennifer N. Caudle, DO
Family Medicine
One way to improve your relationship with your doctor is simply to be honest. In this video, family medicine specialist Jennifer Caudle, DO, explains why it's key to be open with your doctor, so you can work together to achieve your optimal health.
When you reflect on the important people in your life, you may not necessarily think of your doctor. Yet maintaining this relationship is essential to your wellbeing. The relationship between patient and physician is one that has evolved substantially with the dawn of the digital age. With a breadth of medical information now available, patients have the opportunity -- and responsibility -- to advocate for their own health and wellness.

Informed smart patients are able to open up the conversation. This alone will nurture your relationship with your doctor and create a more dynamic and satisfying experience with the medical system. The responsibility of your health should be shared between you and your doctor. As you work to strengthen your connection, your physician will always do their best to meet you halfway.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Talking To Your Doctor

Questions to Ask Your Doctor Before You Take an Opioid
When Alice (in Wonderland) spied a little glass box, “she opened it and found in it a very small cake, on which the words EAT ME were beautifully mark...
What should I know before I have surgery?
Baptist Health South FloridaBaptist Health South Florida
As with any type of medical procedure, surgery patients often have a lot of questions for their doct...
How much should I expect my doctor to educate me on breast cancer?
Dede BonnerDede Bonner
The word ‘doctor’ comes from the Latin docere, meaning to teach. The medical profession has evolved ...
Why Won't My Doctor Listen to Me?
Why Won't My Doctor Listen to Me?