What increases my risk for tinnitus?

Tinnitus is more common in people who have heard an extraordinarily loud noise, like a gun blast. In addition, if you are older you may be at risk for the disorder, since it often occurs as ear function weakens in older adulthood. Sufferers of post-traumatic stress disorder and white men are also more at risk for the disorder.

Continue Learning about Tinnitus

What to Do About Ringing in the Ears
What to Do About Ringing in the Ears
Tinnitus is a continuous or pulsating sound only you can hear; it’s often described as ringing, hissing, static, screeching, whooshing, roaring, or bu...
How is tinnitus treated?
Doctors usually aim tinnitus treatments at finding the root cause of the problem. If your tinnitus i...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with tinnitus?
If you are caring for someone with tinnitus, you need to understand how the disorder might be affect...
How to Diagnose Tinnitus
How to Diagnose Tinnitus