Should I talk to my doctor about my objective tinnitus symptoms?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD
Family Practitioner

If you have symptoms of objective tinnitus, you should talk to your doctor. Specific noises in the ear-particularly a clicking sound, or any noise that coincides with your heartbeat-could mean you have this rare type of tinnitus. It could be harmless, or it could be caused by a serious problem with your muscles or blood vessels, such as a tumor or atherosclerosis (plaque buildup in the arteries). Your doctor can do tests to find out for sure.

Continue Learning about Tinnitus

Important: This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.