Is tinnitus a common ear problem?

Tinnitus is probably the most common ear problem, as it is a symptom of around 75% of other problems in the inner ear. Tinnitus can occur when people hear a loud noise or loud noises over a long period of time. It can also occur with certain ear problems like ear infections and tumors in the ear. Problems with blood vessels, like hypertension, also cause the disorder. In a group of five, one is likely affected with tinnitus.

Continue Learning about Tinnitus

What to Do About Ringing in the Ears
What to Do About Ringing in the Ears
Tinnitus is a continuous or pulsating sound only you can hear; it’s often described as ringing, hissing, static, screeching, whooshing, roaring, or bu...
Why do I hear a heartbeat in my ears?
If you hear a pulse-like noise in your ears, it may be pulsatile tinnitus. This is a rare condition ...
How common is tinnitus?
Tinnitus is a very common disease, affecting about one person in every group of five. In addition, t...
How to Diagnose Tinnitus
How to Diagnose Tinnitus