Is there a cure for tinnitus?

In some cases, doctors can cure tinnitus. They can do this by curing the underlying condition that is causing tinnitus. For example, the disorder may be caused by a problem with a blood vessel. If doctors are able to repair this problem, they can also repair the tinnitus. However, it also common for doctors not to be able to find the cause of a person's tinnitus. This means that the disorder cannot be cured and the individual must learn to cope with the persistent noise.

Continue Learning about Tinnitus

What to Do About Ringing in the Ears
What to Do About Ringing in the Ears
Tinnitus is a continuous or pulsating sound only you can hear; it’s often described as ringing, hissing, static, screeching, whooshing, roaring, or bu...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with tinnitus?
If you are caring for someone with tinnitus, you need to understand how the disorder might be affect...
Why do I hear a heartbeat in my ears?
Dr. Loza H. Jemjem, MDDr. Loza H. Jemjem, MD
There are a few different things that can cause beating in the ear. It's not common, but it can happ...
How to Diagnose Tinnitus
How to Diagnose Tinnitus