How should I prepare for an appointment to diagnose tinnitus?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Prepare for your doctor's appointment by writing down information about your symptoms and other health problems you may have. Your doctor will want to know if you've experienced other problems along with your tinnitus, such as hearing loss or dizziness. You'll also need to be able to explain the kind of sound you hear in your ear, as well as its pitch. Health conditions like hypertension can help shed light on the cause of your disorder so be prepared to discuss them. Also, prepare any questions you might have.

Continue Learning about Tinnitus

What to Do About Ringing in the Ears
What to Do About Ringing in the Ears
Tinnitus is a continuous or pulsating sound only you can hear; it’s often described as ringing, hissing, static, screeching, whooshing, roaring, or bu...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with tinnitus?
If you are caring for someone with tinnitus, you need to understand how the disorder might be affect...
How do other illnesses affect tinnitus?
Other illnesses, or disorders of the inner ear, are among the leading causes of tinnitus. While peop...
What does pulsatile tinnitus mean?
Tinnitus means "a noise or ringing in the ears." Pulsatile refers to the pulse, or heartbeat. Pulsat...