Medications may be used to treat some of the underlying blood vessel conditions that cause pulsatile tinnitus, a pulse-like noise in the ears. They cannot cure it, but alleviating the condition may alleviate the noise. Medications can be used to treat anxiety or depression, which can make tinnitus seem worse.
- Q Is pulsatile tinnitus serious?
- Q Why do I hear a heartbeat in my ears?
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with pulsatile tinnitus?
- Q What causes pulsatile tinnitus?
- Q How does pulsatile tinnitus affect the body?
- Q Are there alternative treatments for pulsatile tinnitus?