Medications may be used to treat some of the underlying blood vessel conditions that cause pulsatile tinnitus, a pulse-like noise in the ears. They cannot cure it, but alleviating the condition may alleviate the noise. Medications can be used to treat anxiety or depression, which can make tinnitus seem worse.
- Q How is pulsatile tinnitus diagnosed?
- Q Why do I hear a heartbeat in my ears?
- Q Is pulsatile tinnitus serious?
- Q Is there a cure for pulsatile tinnitus?
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with pulsatile tinnitus?
- Q What increases my risk for pulsatile tinnitus?