How can counseling help tinnitus sufferers?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Therapists can arm you with new techniques that can help you cope with the noise you constantly hear. They can give you tools that allow you to function in spite of the disorder - to "tune out" the noise. They can also help you deal with some of the mental problems sufferers of tinnitus often feel, such as anxiety and trouble concentrating.

Continue Learning about Tinnitus

What to Do About Ringing in the Ears
What to Do About Ringing in the Ears
Tinnitus is a continuous or pulsating sound only you can hear; it’s often described as ringing, hissing, static, screeching, whooshing, roaring, or bu...
How common is tinnitus?
Tinnitus is a very common disease, affecting about one person in every group of five. In addition, t...
Why do I hear a heartbeat in my ears?
If you hear a pulse-like noise in your ears, it may be pulsatile tinnitus. This is a rare condition ...
How to Diagnose Tinnitus
How to Diagnose Tinnitus