Synthroid is not a weight loss medication. It is true that when the thyroid hormone is too low, it is harder to lose weight. If you have not had your TSH and T4 levels checked within the past six months, ask your physician to recheck to make your levels are within the normal range. You could also ask your doctor for a referral to a dietician who could help you with healthy food and recipe recommendations and set specific calorie goals for your body type and weight and age.
- Q How does Synthroid interact with other medications or foods?
- Q Is Cortisol suppressing supplement required along with Synthroid?
- Q Can Synthroid be taken together with vitamin D and calcium?
- Q Do I have to take Synthroid for lifetime or can I drop it in between?
- Q Can I take multivitamins and milk with Synthroid?
- Q How does Synthroid (levothyroxine) treat goiters?