Synthroid is not a weight loss medication. It is true that when the thyroid hormone is too low, it is harder to lose weight. If you have not had your TSH and T4 levels checked within the past six months, ask your physician to recheck to make your levels are within the normal range. You could also ask your doctor for a referral to a dietician who could help you with healthy food and recipe recommendations and set specific calorie goals for your body type and weight and age.
- Q Does synthroid cause heart palpitations?
- Q Does the change from Synthroid to a generic cause hives?
- Q Is brain fog a side effect of Synthroid or cytomel?
- Q What are the possible risks of Synthroid (levothyroxine)?
- Q Is weight gain a side effect of Synthroid?
- Q Is there any drug interaction between Synthroid and Tylenol?