Synthroid is not a weight loss medication. It is true that when the thyroid hormone is too low, it is harder to lose weight. If you have not had your TSH and T4 levels checked within the past six months, ask your physician to recheck to make your levels are within the normal range. You could also ask your doctor for a referral to a dietician who could help you with healthy food and recipe recommendations and set specific calorie goals for your body type and weight and age.
- Q Does Synthroid affect bone mineral density?
- Q Does Synthroid need many dose adjustments?
- Q Who should not take Synthroid?
- Q Can I take Synthroid (levothyroxine) while pregnant?
- Q Do I have to take Synthroid for lifetime or can I drop it in between?
- Q Can I take Armour Thyroid or Idoral instead of Synthroid?