Synthroid is not a weight loss medication. It is true that when the thyroid hormone is too low, it is harder to lose weight. If you have not had your TSH and T4 levels checked within the past six months, ask your physician to recheck to make your levels are within the normal range. You could also ask your doctor for a referral to a dietician who could help you with healthy food and recipe recommendations and set specific calorie goals for your body type and weight and age.
- Q What is the function of the thyroid medication synthoid?
- Q Is it true that Synthroid can be used to help in weight loss?
- Q Can Synthroid be taken together with vitamin D and calcium?
- Q Can I take Armour Thyroid or Idoral instead of Synthroid?
- Q Is it safe to take Synthroid during my pregnancy?
- Q Does the change from Synthroid to a generic cause hives?