If you miss taking a dose of levothyroxine, take it as soon as you can. However, if you remember the missed dose when it is already close to the time for your next dose, you should skip the missing dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double your medication, even to make up for a missed dose. Consult your doctor if you miss more than one dose in a row.
- Q Can I take over-the-counter drugs instead of levothyroxine?
- Q Can taking diet pills with levothyroxine cause me to feel tired?
- Q How does levothyroxine treat Hashimoto's disease?
- Q Can levothyroxine cause fluid retention?
- Q Can levothyroxine cause symptoms such as tiredness and hunger?
- Q How often should I get my thyroid levels checked while on levothyroxine?