If you miss taking a dose of levothyroxine, take it as soon as you can. However, if you remember the missed dose when it is already close to the time for your next dose, you should skip the missing dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double your medication, even to make up for a missed dose. Consult your doctor if you miss more than one dose in a row.
- Q How does levothyroxine treat hypothyroidism (low thyroid level)?
- Q Can I take mineral tablets immediately after taking levothyroxine?
- Q Does levothyroxine cause constipation?
- Q Can I take over-the-counter drugs instead of levothyroxine?
- Q Why is my sugar level high despite taking levothyroxine and metformin?
- Q Who should not take levothyroxine?