Are there any risks in taking Levoxyl?

The risks of taking Levoxyl are associated with overdose and taking it when thyroid function is normal or overactive. People with normal or overactive thyroid function who take Levoxyl increase their risk of dangerous toxicity, especially if they also take appetite suppressants or amphetamines. Levoxyl can increase the risk of bone loss and osteoporosis in older women who take the medication on a long-term basis. The lowest effective dose should be prescribed for postmenopausal woman. If an infant receives too much Levoxyl, the drug can cause the soft spot on the top of the head to grow closed too soon. If a child receives too much Levoxyl, the drug can cause stunted growth. In rare cases, people have experienced seizures shortly after beginning treatment with Levoxyl. Be sure your doctor monitors your response to Levoxyl on a regular basis. You should be aware of the symptoms of Levoxyl overdose.

Continue Learning about Thyroid Supplement

Are palpitations a side effect of thyroid supplement?
Omudhome Ogbru, PharmDOmudhome Ogbru, PharmD
Thyroid hormone affects the function of the heart and other organs. Too much thyroid hormone may inc...
Can I Safely Take an Acid Reducer and My Thyroid Medication Together?