Synthroid should never be used to help you lose weight. Normal doses of Synthroid, which will keep your levothyroxine levels in your body within the normal range, will not cause you to lose any weight. Weight loss only occurs if you take excessively high doses of Synthroid, but these doses can cause serious side effects because of too much levothyroxine in the body. These side effects are particularly likely to occur if you are taking weight loss medications that contain sympathomimetic amines, which are commonly found in appetite-suppressants.
- Q Does Synthroid contain steroids which make it difficult to lose weight?
- Q Is brain fog a side effect of Synthroid or cytomel?
- Q Can I safely take Synthroid rather than levothyroxine?
- Q Can synthroid interact with my cholesterol lowering medications?
- Q What are the possible risks of Synthroid (levothyroxine)?
- Q Do I have to take Synthroid for lifetime or can I drop it in between?