Should I use Synthroid to help me lose weight?

Synthroid should never be used to help you lose weight. Normal doses of Synthroid, which will keep your levothyroxine levels in your body within the normal range, will not cause you to lose any weight. Weight loss only occurs if you take excessively high doses of Synthroid, but these doses can cause serious side effects because of too much levothyroxine in the body. These side effects are particularly likely to occur if you are taking weight loss medications that contain sympathomimetic amines, which are commonly found in appetite-suppressants.

Continue Learning about Thyroid Supplement

Can I Safely Take an Acid Reducer and My Thyroid Medication Together?