As long as your thyroid hormone levels stay within normal limits, you should not have any side effects from stopping your Synthroid. Your physician should continue to monitor your thyroid hormone levels as your dosage changes and if it is eventually stopped.
- Q Who should take Synthroid?
- Q Does long term intake of synthroid decrease bone mineral density?
- Q Does synthroid cause heart palpitations?
- Q What are the possible side effects of Synthroid (levothyroxine)?
- Q Can I safely take Synthroid rather than levothyroxine?
- Q Is it safe to take Synthroid during my pregnancy?