Is it safe to take Synthroid during my pregnancy?

It is safe to take Synthroid during your pregnancy. Synthroid is classified as a pregnancy category A drug. This means that studies have shown no risk of damage to the unborn child when Synthroid is used throughout pregnancy. Treatment of hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid) during pregnancy is very important, because inadequately treated hypothyroidism increases the risk of miscarriage, stillbirth, and premature birth.

Continue Learning about Thyroid Supplement

Are palpitations a side effect of thyroid supplement?
Omudhome Ogbru, PharmDOmudhome Ogbru, PharmD
Thyroid hormone affects the function of the heart and other organs. Too much thyroid hormone may inc...
Can I Safely Take an Acid Reducer and My Thyroid Medication Together?