Levothyroxine is the synthetic version of the human thyroid hormone. You might want to talk to your doctor about allergy testing as typically levothyroxine does not cause constipation and is generally very well-tolerated. It is possible that you have an intolerance to an inactive ingredient. There are no well-studied herbal products that are proven effective at treating hypothyroidism. Please make an appointment with your physician to discuss your concerns and possible treatment options.
- Q Can I experience extra dry hair and dry skin by taking levothyroxine?
- Q Is a burning sensation on the head a side effect of levothyroxine?
- Q Why is my sugar level high despite taking levothyroxine and metformin?
- Q What are the side effects of levothyroxine?
- Q Is there a generic version of levothyroxine?
- Q Is there any drug interaction between levothyroxine and Fortamet?