Is Levoxyl safe for pregnant or breastfeeding women?

Levoxyl is in pregnancy Category A, which means it is safe for use during pregnancy. Studies among pregnant women show no increased risks to developing fetuses. Your doctor may need to prescribe a higher dose of Levoxyl during pregnancy, so be sure to notify your doctor if you become pregnant while using the medication. Studies also show that Levoxyl causes very little risk to breastfeeding infants. Your doctor will still need to carefully monitor your response to the medication and, as always, you should be careful to take only the prescribed dose.

Continue Learning about Thyroid Supplement

Are palpitations a side effect of thyroid supplement?
Omudhome Ogbru, PharmDOmudhome Ogbru, PharmD
Thyroid hormone affects the function of the heart and other organs. Too much thyroid hormone may inc...
Can I Safely Take an Acid Reducer and My Thyroid Medication Together?