Is Levoxyl safe for long-term use?

Levoxyl is intended for long-term use. Most people who take Levoxyl for naturally occurring thyroid hormone deficiency need to take the medication for as long as they live. Postmenopausal women who take Levoxyl on a long-term basis can experience bone density loss, which can lead to osteoporosis. In these cases, doctors will prescribe the lowest effective dose of Levoxyl in order to minimize bone loss.

Continue Learning about Thyroid Supplement

Are palpitations a side effect of thyroid supplement?
Omudhome Ogbru, PharmDOmudhome Ogbru, PharmD
Thyroid hormone affects the function of the heart and other organs. Too much thyroid hormone may inc...
Can I Safely Take an Acid Reducer and My Thyroid Medication Together?